X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaelic deserves it!

I want to open a little debate about our language policy. We will have to respect our partners if they don't speak our language, so we can't write, for example, in German, Welsh, or dialects like Scots. But in my opinion we shouldn't forget that kilts were originated in the old Gaelic society, and today this dress represents a connection with Scottish and Irish culture wherever we are, furthermore, nowadays these endangered languages should be protected and promoted.
    There is a Gaelic sub-group in this forum where we can write about Gaelic, but never in Gaelic, and I don't consider myself, or any Gael as an obscurantist, it's not our intention to write private conversations in the middle of a thread.
    As far as I can see, these languages are legitimated to be used here, in this sub-group, and always with an English translation, which could be a great opportunity for every member who wants to learn these wonderful and interesting languages that are an essential part of their Celtic roots.

Well, I want your opinion, particularly the opinion of the moderators

Kind regards

Mairsial

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Mairsial MacÙr'ille For This Useful Post: