My recent frustrations with Pakistani import has left me wanting a genuine Scottish kilt, i know a few makers and it seems the price varies wildly, ideally I’d like something I can enjoy for the rest of my life, that my kids can and their kids etc, but I’d also want something that expensive to hold its value, my family are all about investing and being frugal so even though I have the money, they strongly advise me not to spend £700 on a kinloch Anderson kilt, I mean I’d love to, I’d have a luxury car too, but I have parents to keep happy and I’m not ready at the moment to move out, and honestly I was risking it buying a kilt in the first place, if I spent £700 on a kilt behind their back would it keep its value?

They tell me not to spend more than £100 on a kilt, how much can I get for that money? I want to avoid used for obvious reasons but clearance is fine, I also want to avoid non-trad and American makes due to post brexit import costs.

I’d also like Irish county tartans if possible, as my grandmom was born in county Wexford.