X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to Universal last Summer with family and was kilted two out of the three days we were in the parks. Only saw one other kilt, and that was on a young butterbeer salesman in the Harry Potter section (he was quite happy to see someone else properly attired, as he put it.) I was approached, however, by a security guard who very discretely asked me if I was regimental. For those two days I was not, and he said thank you and that he liked the kilt.
    "You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Obi Wan Kenobi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember you are talking about DISNEY WORLD here. The Disney parks are the most accommodating folks you are likely to meet. So wearing a kilt should be no issue whatsoever. Don't believe me on how accommodating they are? Take someone in a wheelchair with you and you'll see how wonderful Disney cast members can be. I wish the rest of the world was as easy.

The only thing that has kept me from wearing a kilt to Disneyland are the water rides. Not sure I want to walk around the park smelling like a wet sheep for half of the day!

Enjoy your trip and have a great time in Florida.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gwynng View Post
    ...Take someone in a wheelchair with you and you'll see how wonderful Disney cast members can be....
    Wow, that sure is true.
    Go. Kilt up, and have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't imagine they would have any issues, just so long as you wore more than shoes and socks underneath... Be sure to wear it to the World Showcase in Epcot and visit the U.K. exhibit. The Rose and Crown Pub serves Macallan single malts ;)
    Have a great time!
    Cheers Mates & SEMPER FI,
    Dale
    Scottish Heavy Athletics - Certified Judge
    Per Mare - Per Terras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Richard View Post
    BTW that's a fantastic shirt there, Malt Whisky in the classic Walt Disney font.
    Thanks OC Richard.
    It's a little hard to read the bottom line; "The happiest drink on Earth!"
    Just before the picture with the Mouse, Mickey pointed at my shirt and gave me a thumbs-up. So did a few other cast members that day.
    Truth be told, I was worried about being asked to leave the park due to the shirt rather than the kilt.
    "When I wear my Kilt, God looks down with pride and the Devil looks up with envy." --Unknown
    Proud Chief of Clan Bacon. You know you want some!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gwynng View Post
    Take someone in a wheelchair with you and you'll see how wonderful Disney cast members can be. I wish the rest of the world was as easy.
    They've been changing their 'special needs' policy at Disneyland, however.

Sadly, perfectly healthy people who feel the need to abuse Disneyland's special-needs-friendly policies have made it necessary to make some changes. I'm not sure about the details, but I was talking to the mother of a special needs child who now has to wait in line for an hour or more rather than go directly onto the ride as formerly. She said she understands the need to do it.

I saw a group of teenagers exiting Space Mountain a while back. One was in a wheelchair with her entire leg in a cast. The whole group, six or seven kids, had all got to go directly on the ride without waiting in line by going in the 'handicapped' entrance. Well, after they exited the ride the girl in the wheelchair jumped up, took off her phony cast (held on with Velcro) and said "OK, whose turn now?"

I was dumbfounded and immediately reported them to Security. They were tracked down and thrown out of the park.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azwildcat96 View Post
    Thanks OC Richard.
    It's a little hard to read the bottom line; "The happiest drink on Earth!"
    Just before the picture with the Mouse, Mickey pointed at my shirt and gave me a thumbs-up. So did a few other cast members that day.
    Truth be told, I was worried about being asked to leave the park due to the shirt rather than the kilt.
    Cool! I for one gave a thumbs up when I saw a guest wearing one.

BTW that font, I believe, is copyrighted, and it is illegal to sell for profit anything using that font without the permission of Disney. However I see it every day used on shirts like "Jones Family Vacation Disneyland 2013" and nobody ever seems to get in trouble for it.
    Last edited by OC Richard; 4th January 14 at 07:29 AM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OC Richard View Post
    BTW that font, I believe, is copyrighted, and it is illegal to sell for profit anything using that font without the permission of Disney.
    I believe you are right...The place that I got this shirt for a friend was gone when I went back a month later to get mine...It is gone now but replaced by another one...They just pop up as fast as Disneys' lawyers can shut them down. If you or anyone else wants one, they're only as far a an internet search away.
    "When I wear my Kilt, God looks down with pride and the Devil looks up with envy." --Unknown
    Proud Chief of Clan Bacon. You know you want some!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123