X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mountain Hardwear Elkommando Kilt on Sale

Forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere, but Mountain Hardwear has their Elkommando kilts selling at a pretty steep discount right now - almost 50% off! Looks like only the "Shark" color is available, but it's a good deal for those who are interested.

Retail: $75.00 US
    Sale: $37.98 US

Currently all sizes except XXL are in stock.

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/mens...lt-OM3417.html

Happy kilting!
    Last edited by MinusHD; 12th August 16 at 09:14 AM.
    Sláinte from Texas,
    - Minus
    Man · Motorcycle Enthusiast · Musician

2. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to MinusHD For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang it, I saw that price and was excited but unfortunately they only have it on their american store and when you order to the american store you need an american address.. I am unfortunately Canadian otherwise I would have picked up a couple.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's a great price! Unfortunately I just bought my shark earlier this year at a $50 sale price. And I thought that was a bargain! This is my third Elkommando. I have 2 original olive colored. Dare I by a 4th at this price??? I wear them often around the house and hiking - so comfortable!
    "The fun of a kilt is to walk, not to sit"

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Woodsman For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KiltedMTGjudge View Post
    Dang it, I saw that price and was excited but unfortunately they only have it on their american store and when you order to the american store you need an american address.. I am unfortunately Canadian otherwise I would have picked up a couple.
    KiltedMTGjudge, I would be more than happy to forward this on to you if you would like to use my US address for ordering. I'd even offer to pay the postage to help out another Xmarker!
    Woodsman aka Marty
    "The fun of a kilt is to walk, not to sit"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
    KiltedMTGjudge, I would be more than happy to forward this on to you if you would like to use my US address for ordering. I'd even offer to pay the postage to help out another Xmarker!
    Woodsman aka Marty
    Unfortunately the issue is not for delivery but rather for payment, as payment address on file needs to be American. (Unfortunately my credit card is my bank card and does not allow non-canadian addresses on file) Thanks for the offer though Marty

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received my two, size large, kilts today and was concerned about the sizing. My first ElKommando was bought about 4 years ago at REI, the second about a year later via Moosejaw or Backcountry. Both fit well in a large, I wear around a 36-38 waist. Since then I bought one, once again on sale, and it was a bit snug. I know my waist fluctuates a little but this was a noticeable change in sizing seeing as my other two still fit fine. Looking at the country of manufacture the first two were outsourced from Vietnam. The third was from Sri Lanka hence a different manufacturing plant. It was obvious their sizing dies were different. The ones I got today are again made in Vietnam and do fit nicely like my first to. I was quite happy with that because an XL would be a bit to much. Just an observation on outsourced goods, they will be different from county to country. I'll reserve my opinion on how we could solved that issue
    "Greater understanding properly leads to an increasing sense of responsibility, and not to arrogance."

9. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to brewerpaul For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Darn, no more fat guy sizes Interesting kilts, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my first kilts was a Elcommando on sale. I never wear it now and if you are around a 40 waist let me know and you can have it cheap. Light and well made but now hooked on utility kilts.
    IF YOU SAY YOU CAN OR CAN'T DO SOMETHING YOU ARE CORRECT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepalmer View Post
    One of my first kilts was a Elcommando on sale. I never wear it now and if you are around a 40 waist let me know and you can have it cheap. Light and well made but now hooked on utility kilts.
    I have two identical 38" olive Elkommandos – one well worn, the other fairly new – ultracomfortable for knocking around in, absolutely and beyond question excellent for hiking; also, I've found, a good choice for transAtlantic flights where you may end up trapped in the middle of the 4-seat row midplane and need a) to be comfortable and b) to be able to acrobat yourself out to get to the loo. (Otherwise, I'm essentially a utility kilt wearer.)

You made this generous offer to MichPherson – who therefore obviously has first dibs – and it's a 40" where I'd be happier with a 38" – and you don't say what colour. That's three ob-jections or ob-stacles. The fourth is that I live in the UK &/or Finland, so like our Canadian fellow-kiltman KiltedMTGjudge here's the problem with the requirement for US addresses and payments, etc etc. But if at the end of the day this Elkommando is still looking for a new owner, and especially if it happens to be shark, I would be interested in finding a way around the ob-structions, since all they have left on the web sale are M and S and XS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd probably be interested just let me know what you're thinking re costs and we can look into it