X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yorkshire, England, November 2024.

There was pre-pandemic a European based kilt wearing group on another forum which met up annually.
    I no longer have access to that forum and I started a new Facebook page for some of the kilted guys who used to post there.
    We are looking at meeting up at the beginning of November 2024.
    I will be based in Scarborough from 1st to 5th November, God willing.
    We would meet up in York, and/or at the Whitby Goth Festival on 2nd or 3rd November.
    Anybody interested?
    Last edited by cessna152towser; 16th June 24 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Edited title
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to cessna152towser For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cessna152towser View Post
    There was pre-pandemic a European based kilt wearing group on another forum which met up annually.
    I no longer have access to that forum and I started a new Facebook page for some of the kilted guys who used to post there.
    We would meet up in York, and/or at the Whitby Goth Festival on 2nd or 3rd November.
    Anybody interested?
    Ee, Lad.

That sounds reet gradely, like.

But remember, thanks to the over-excited antics of William Wallace and his gang, York is still out of bounds to Scots after sunset. They did things like slaughter the good citizens and burn down anything that they could put a match to, and the heat of the fire is still felt after 700 years!

The Scots' ban bylaw is proudly pointed out as still active - it's never been replealed!

The penalty if caught? Immediate execution - but with the longbow, so, unless the Archers Federation of Olde Englande is in town for a conference, you might get away 'Scot Free' so to speak...

While you're there, check out the river-side parlour in the old Guildhall - it's where Cromwell's boys handed over the King's ransom, and they have a commemorative plaque for the deed. Poor old Charlie seems to have been valued quite cheaply by his own folk.

4. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Troglodyte For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like fun

however it's a bit far from southern California.
    The law reminds me of when I was in high school and the state of Missouri finally repealed the extermination order against Mormons. Basiccaly made it legal to do anything to a mormon.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to grizzbass For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of the law in Chester,UK where if a Welshman is caught within the city walls can be killed, but only with a crossbow.
    Tha mi uabhasach sgith gach latha.
    “A man should look as if he has bought his clothes (kilt) with intelligence, put them (it) on with care, and then forgotten all about them (it).” Paraphrased from Hardy Amies
    Proud member of the Clans Urquhart and MacKenzie.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to kilted2000 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cessna152towser View Post
    Anybody interested?
    I am interested.
    If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.
    ---
    Ludwig Wittgenstein (26 April 1889 – 29 April 1951)