X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New website (Please)

Has anyone had the chance to update the website at all? No offendeds but it’s not mobile friendly. Even when I use a computer I can’t even upload a picture. I often seen more then half the post on here resault in no photos attached to a topic.
    Clan Logan Representative of Ontario
    https://www.instagram.com/clanlogan_ontario_canada/ (that's where i post my blogs)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVgTGPvWpU7cAv4KJ4cWRpQ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The missing photos in old post are because of changes to flickr or whatever platform it was that people were using to host their photos. It has nothing to do with Xmarks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plaid preacher View Post
    The missing photos in old post are because of changes to flickr or whatever platform it was that people were using to host their photos. It has nothing to do with Xmarks.
    Well what ever there using now is not working because no Mather what tech I use, (computer or mobile) I can’t get even my profile picture changed.
    Clan Logan Representative of Ontario
    https://www.instagram.com/clanlogan_ontario_canada/ (that's where i post my blogs)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVgTGPvWpU7cAv4KJ4cWRpQ

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was probably born fifty or more years too soon to try to understand the workings of a computer, mobile phone or the internet. It is in all honesty a complete mystery to me. I used to be able to post pictures here with a bit of an effort, but these days the system in place at the moment is incomprehensible to me and some others on this website.

However on balance, I tend to go along the line of “ if it isn’t broken then leave it alone”. Perfect the present system here it is not, but it works well enough for me.

You youngsters and those of the older generations with more techno savvy than me , may well require more up to date technologies but.......................my computer and mobile phone works quite happily for me and I suspect others here too, may well think the same and frankly, change would not necessarily be altogether helpful for some of us.

Just saying.
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 1st August 24 at 09:05 AM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Logan View Post
    Has anyone had the chance to update the website at all? No offendeds but it’s not mobile friendly. Even when I use a computer I can’t even upload a picture. I often seen more then half the post on here resault in no photos attached to a topic.
    Are you volunteering?
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

6. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to Steve Ashton For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ashton View Post
    Are you volunteering?
    I have no idea about these things, but I imagine that an update could be very expensive in time and cash. Without, I hope, poking my nose, too much into someone else’s business, I have to point out that we all , well most of us, are using this website for free.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Jock Scot; 1st August 24 at 02:11 AM.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

8. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Logan View Post
    I often seen more than half the posts (with) no photos attached...
    There are two main things:

1) With older threads the main reason photos don't show up is that they were hosted by Photobucket, who several years ago switched from being a free photo hosting site to charging a considerable fee. Not surprisingly nearly all the people using Photobucket changed to other photo hosting sites. I switched to Imgur.

2) With newer threads the photos sometimes aren't attached to the post itself, but to the title of the post. You have to see the little paperclip and click on it.
    Last edited by OC Richard; 1st August 24 at 06:13 AM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

10. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to OC Richard For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not overly familiar with vBulletin, so I say this with minimum knowledge: there may be a simple software upgrade. According to the footer we are in vBulletin v4.2.2, I **think** there's a version 6 now.

I know nothing about it, but usually most software forums do updates to make greater security and/or usability.

That's all I got. I'm grateful to those that make this forum exist. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome Ihave been akilt wearer for over 60 years by a dominant mummy and have always

Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    I was probably born fifty or more years too soon to try to understand the workings of a computer, mobile phone or the internet. It is in all honesty a complete mystery to me. I used to be able to post pictures here with a bit of an effort, but these days the system in place at the moment is incomprehensible to me and some others on this website.

However on balance, I tend to go along the line of “ if it isn’t broken then leave it alone”. Perfect the present system here it is not, but it works well enough for me.

You youngsters and those of the older generations with more techno savvy than me , may well require more up to date technologies but.......................my computer and mobile phone works quite happily for me and I suspect others here too, may well think the same and frankly, change would not necessarily be altogether helpful for some of us.

Just saying.
    i have been a kilt weare r for over 60 years due to a dominant mummyand have always wrn underwear wirh my kilts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a pre war (WW 2 ) baby, I have no idea what or how I'm doing on a computer. I just give the young lad across the street a plea for help. Then he explains what he did but I think he is speaking Greek. Shure isn't anything I understand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast