X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to Forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiltedsawyer View Post
    Welcome to X Marks! In your quest for information you might try the live experience by attending a Scottish Festival / Highland Games in your area. There are several every year in Florida.
    Again, welcome!
    Cheers,

David
    Oh! I think I may have read a little bit about that when looking into different folk dance community groups in the northern part of the state Scottish country dance is on of the more common ones of these, following contra dance, though it isn't in my city. I'll look into the dates and locations and see if it'd be possible to attend at some point, it could be an educational and enlightening experience if only for learning about other cultures, seeing as the genealogy seems to be leading me to the borderlands region as opposed to the highlands. Thank you for the recommendations and warm welcome

Likewise, thank you everyone else for the kind welcomes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Thank you!

Good morning
    My hertiage is Scottish, I ve been to Scotland, and I m involved with my clan association. I hope to further grow in my appreciation of all things Scottish here. I m very much into researching proper historical attire. I ve already read some interesting posts on the great kilt and am looking forward to learning more!
    Adreena

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12