X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    I can't say that I have ever become acquainted with that particular drop. In fact, I can't remember even seeing it before.
    The label tells us the bottlers, but says nothing about the blenders. And the French importers seem to have something of a niche market.

I used to buy this blend from a vintners in Alencon, near to where I lived for 15 years, and they often had labels or bottlings that I think were shrt runs specifically for the 'export' market. Another vintner in Dinard in Brittany used to do his whisky blending in the shop for all to see, using sauternes casks that produced a sweetish finish that appealed to the French palate. He had tasting tots ready for anyone wishing to try. Good stuff.

Incidentally, if you fancy trying something different, Breton whisky is not at all bad...

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Troglodyte For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Looks like it would be good, but I think it would take way more brass than I can afford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CBH View Post
    i see "lablers" pitching their wares as free samples at Total Wine all the time. $50 for a fifth of swill. i always wonder if they make any money.
    Indeed. The good stuff will sell itself without the need for an organ grinder in a monkey suit. I do fancy a great single malt, but I'll tell you, peat monster 2023 was an amazing blend. Probably the youngest blend I would go back for. Normally, I like my scotch to be old enough to drive.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456