X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phantom last page

I don't know if this has been addressed or not, but I've noticed a strange thing with the page links. Say that you see that there are three pages in a thread and you're on page 2:

< 1 2 3 >

I want to go to page three, but clicking on the 3 or the right arrow takes me right back to the page I was on.

Now this could be a threshold issue or a counting problem - in the case today I noticed that it looked like there might have only been 1 post on page three. Hovering over the link showed the tip "go to post 21 of 21" or some such. If there really was no 21st post, that would exlplain the loop-back, maybe.

This happened last night (don't recall the thread) and just now with the Signal Ball Success thread.

Regards,
    Rex.
    At any moment you must be prepared to give up who you are today for who you could become tomorrow.

Retired Forum Adminstrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rex, sorry for the tardy reply. I'm not in here much of late and it looks like I'm not the only one.

I've hunted the forum for a multi-page thread that would respond like this and cannot find one. If you still experience the problem, flag it back up in this thread and perhaps one of the others can get Hank to take a closer look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, since reporting it, I've had it happen a couple more times, but I just read a thread under what I presume to be the exact same conditions, that is the number of posts is x pages + 1 post, and it didn't happen.

It was a fleeting issue. The moment someone posted the x pages + 2nd post, the problem went away.
    At any moment you must be prepared to give up who you are today for who you could become tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rex, I've still yet to see this occur, but I've found mention of this happening on a few vBulletin support sites. I see people mentioning it happening on sites running vB 3.7.0, which is the release we are using here.

So it seems it may be a very real bug that didn't get caught up in the Release Candidate versions.

vBulletin has already released 3.7.1 and I am waiting on the boss to give me the OK for the upgrade. That might get us removed from the issue, if it truly is 3.7.0-related.

I upgraded all three of my own sites immediately, so that may be why we're not seeing the problem there. <shrug> I'll keep digging and see what I can turn up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rex, I just tried something that ~may~ have cleared up this problem. Please met me know if you're still having the problem.