X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamishs Kilt Kollection will probably end up in the British Museum as a cultural treasure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba
    Hamishs Kilt Kollection will probably end up in the British Museum as a cultural treasure.
    As well they should

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dana
    Once again we ask. Hamish, who is in line to inherit all of these kilts
    That, Dana, is a decision I have still to make! Two kiltmakers, one in Scotland and the other in the USA, have expressed their interests in acquiring the entire Kollection when the time comes - and that is important to me: that my Kollection is to be kept as one unit, and not split up in any way.

The British Museum would not, I think, be the best home for it. I'd rather it went to the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, which has a huge collection of men's and women's fashion/clothing through the ages.

But, hey! There's plenty of time yet (as far as I know). The Kollection is still growing and, if I have my way, it will continue to do so. What, I think, makes my Kilt Kollection slightly different to most others is that it consists only of kilts I have bought, or have been offered, to wear myself on a day to day basis. I have no interest in acquiring aged or historic kilts, perhaps at Auctions or sales. Alright, so some of my kilts are a little 'extreme' and maybe I would not actually wear one or two of them to go shopping but, together, the Kollection represents a large part of the diverse variety of 20th and 21st century kiltmaking.

Which reminds me, there are still one or two kiltmakers whose 'works of art' are not yet featured in the Kollection! I must get my order book out again........... 8)
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Hamish, has anyone ever approached you about making a calendar or a coffee table book with the kilts? Some scenic shots with the different styles and kiltmakers would be wonderful! Maybe even some smaller shots with you and the kiltmakers.

I would think that a few companies, websites or organizations could greatly benefit from the sales.
    Arise. Kill. Eat.

Doc Hudson is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Carbomb
    Hey Hamish, has anyone ever approached you about making a calendar or a coffee table book with the kilts? Some scenic shots with the different styles and kiltmakers would be wonderful! Maybe even some smaller shots with you and the kiltmakers.

I would think that a few companies, websites or organizations could greatly benefit from the sales.
    I think Jimmy's hit on a fairly good idea!

I'm no professional editor, but I think something like that would add a tidy sum to your retirement account and make the KK grow even faster.

Detailed photos of the kilts in your collection, short essays about various kilt makers, plenty of scenic photos showing kilts in action. Some essays to bridge the evolution of kilts form the traditional to the 21st Century. Perhaps you could even get some of the kiltmakers to contribute articles stating their philosophy of kilts and business.

I think you's sell plenty.

You ought to look into finding a collaborator to help with the drudge work and check into the feasability. If I were in Britain, I'd offer my services as collaborator.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12