X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Far NW Corner of Washington State, USA (48° 45' 51.5808" N / -122° 30' 36.6228" W)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    Oh come on chaps, I having a job seeing my laptop never mind the keys! What hope have I got with those thingy- ma -jiggs that you are talking about! But thanks for the explanations.
    I'm with you Jock! I'm accused of being a bit stone age at times.....I'm afraid that while all this techno stuff passes me by, I'll still be hiding in my cave
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]T. E. ("TERRY") HOLMES[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][I]proud descendant of the McReynolds/MacRanalds of Ulster & Keppoch, Somerled & Robert the Bruce.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="1"]"Ah, here comes the Bold Highlander. No @rse in his breeks but too proud to tug his forelock..." Rob Roy (1995)[/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of the forums I am on use software like that yet -- I think it's a wonderful idea. My website uses a plug-in that makes it look different for phones (nothing fancy or customized), but on a computer it is the original design.

I use an iPhone 3GS and use it a lot here, mostly skimming though, because it is a little more annoying having to zoom in, rotate, zoom out, scroll scroll scroll. It helps keep me from having 10+ pages to view later when I am at the computer though.
    http://www.cfgriffith.com/ - Learning to sew (historical costuming), and getting back to art by drawing fan art of Middle Earth dwarves.
    | D/FW TX Social Group | The Ladies of XMTS |

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to thank everyone for their suggestion that we offer an app for smart phones.
    We are looking at upgrading the forum to the vBulletin software ver. 4.0 and this would be a part of that upgrade.

I will keep everyone posted and announce when we are ready to do the upgrade. Until then I'm sorry but those with smart phones will have to live with our current software for just a while longer.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure hope we didn't come across as ungrateful complainers It does help to get an idea of what technology people are using to see what upgrades or additions would be useful, and if people don't mention it, the details aren't known. I'll of course be patient, and look forward to seeing what the new upgrade will be like. Best wishes, and thank you!
    http://www.cfgriffith.com/ - Learning to sew (historical costuming), and getting back to art by drawing fan art of Middle Earth dwarves.
    | D/FW TX Social Group | The Ladies of XMTS |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not complaining either, the forum works fine just now on my phone but an app wouldn't Hurt either
    The hielan' man he wears the kilt, even when it's snowin';
    He kens na where the wind comes frae,
    But he kens fine where its goin'.

Victoria, BC Canada 48° 25' 47.31"N 123° 20' 4.59" W
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that a smart phone app would be a great addition to the forum. We would have done the conversion earlier but the ver. 4.0 of vBulletin still has some issues that are being worked on.

I did not think that anyone was complaining. I took the suggestion in the vein that it was presented. A good suggestion that would be a great addition to the forum.

My thanks to all of you.
    Steve Ashton
    Forum Owner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking about an App(as in Iphone or Android) or a mobile version of the forum? I think those are two different things.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathBar View Post
    Are we talking about an App(as in Iphone or Android) or a mobile version of the forum? I think those are two different things.
    I'm guessing it would just be a mobile version for the forum. But an X-Marks app would be cool too! Maybe a tartan identifier, using photo recognition like the new Google shopper app! Or maybe a "what would Jock Scot do" app that would use photo recognition of your kilted outfit to tell you that you're too matchy-matchy?

Steve, that sounds GREAT! And like the others, I'm grateful for the hard work y'all do, and look forward to the upgrade when it comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any update on this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it on my Droid X and it runs just like it does on my laptop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast