X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for the last minute weather status updates, as the parking lot is a swamp when wet. But planning on being there sometime around midday, kilted of course, and likely with Wife and The Boy (hopefully kilted as well) in tow. Can't miss me at 6'5" 265#. Not sure what kilt and coat and bonnet to wear yet.

We will look for you all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForresterModern View Post
    Waiting for the last minute weather status updates, as the parking lot is a swamp when wet. But planning on being there sometime around midday, kilted of course, and likely with Wife and The Boy (hopefully kilted as well) in tow. Can't miss me at 6'5" 265#. Not sure what kilt and coat and bonnet to wear yet.

We will look for you all.
    Wonderful! It will be nice to finally meet you in person, Jeff. If it's really warm and humid, I may just wear a collared shirt and no jacket at all. Last year, I got away with a jacket and waistcoat in the coolness of the morning and early afternoon, yet eventually took the jacket off, followed by the waistcoat soon after, in the late afternoon. It's definitely not a large venue, so I am sure we will all find eachother quite easily.

See you Saturday, mate!
    Last edited by creagdhubh; 7th May 12 at 12:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Dayton View Post
    I plan on being there as long as it does not look like an all day rain. I will have my Mini Cooper Coupe in the car show. It is one of the new 2-seat coupes. I decided to put it in the show since there are not many of them on the road yet. Also, I then have a place to park that is not in the mud. ;) Not sure which kilt but I am leaning towards the X-marks tartan.

See everyone Saturday.
    Sounds good, Mike. Looking forward to seeing you again. Don't drive too fast in your new Mini on the way down from Dayton! Ha-ha!

Cheers,
    Last edited by creagdhubh; 7th May 12 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's hope for a continuance of the cooler weather we've been having in the greater Cincinnati area for tomorrow in Carrollton. See you all very soon and safe travels!

P.S. - If you print off a coupon, located on the offical website of the Kentucky Scottish Weekend, you'll save a $1 on adult admission at the gate.

Cheers,
    Last edited by creagdhubh; 11th May 12 at 08:33 AM.

The Northern Appalachian Highlands of Southern Ohio
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by creagdhubh View Post
    If you print off a coupon, located on the offical website of the Kentucky Scottish Weekend, you'll save a $1 on adult admission at the gate.
    A true Scotsman if ever one was!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
    A true Scotsman if ever one was!
    That's right, David!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weather looks good for tomorrow so I will almost certainly be there. Not sure if I will be tweeded up or not but will be otherwise respectable and recognizable. Any requests to see any particular kilts in my collection from any other anticipated attendees? Maple Leaf, Dutch Friendship, one of the rare Douglas variants (brown, black, red, ancient), MacDonald of Glencoe Muted, IOS, Braveheart movie tartan, Kingussie built Anc Caledonia, or a Forrester perhaps? Most should be pictured in my album if you want to preview.

Otherwise it will be a wild card choice tomorrow--hope to see you all there.

jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForresterModern View Post
    Weather looks good for tomorrow so I will almost certainly be there. Not sure if I will be tweeded up or not but will be otherwise respectable and recognizable. Any requests to see any particular kilts in my collection from any other anticipated attendees? Maple Leaf, Dutch Friendship, one of the rare Douglas variants (brown, black, red, ancient), MacDonald of Glencoe Muted, IOS, Braveheart movie tartan, Kingussie built Anc Caledonia, or a Forrester perhaps? Most should be pictured in my album if you want to preview.

Otherwise it will be a wild card choice tomorrow--hope to see you all there.

jeff
    Jeff,

My vote is for one of your rare Douglas variants, they seem very intriguing to me and I would love to see any of the colour schemes in person. As far as the tweed is concerned, my plan is to wear only a jacket - no waistcoat. More than likely, the jacket will come off as the day warms up a bit.

See you tomorrow, mate!

Best wishes,
    Last edited by creagdhubh; 11th May 12 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, as seems to typically be the case for me I have just been informed that I had already made plans for tomorrow. I shouldn't be to surprised with it being Mother's Day weekend. I hope everyone has a grand time, and hopefully I can catch you at whatever the next event close to southern Ohio happens to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser348 View Post
    Well, as seems to typically be the case for me I have just been informed that I had already made plans for tomorrow. I shouldn't be to surprised with it being Mother's Day weekend. I hope everyone has a grand time, and hopefully I can catch you at whatever the next event close to southern Ohio happens to be.
    Sorry we'll miss you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast