Quote Originally Posted by 12stones View Post
Those look like a great solution. You've never had any issues with them falling off? Mind sharing what size you use as I'd love to give this a try?.

Sorry..!

I have only just seen this.

The circlips are ideally 4mm, but the thickness of the leather pushes up the attaching boss a bit too far for easy-on fitting, so I have found using 5mm clips a better option.

As for slipping off, I find the opposite - the usual press-stud or snap-fastener works very well, but they are apt to pop off under even very slight pressure from the outside, but they fall into the bag, luckily. The circlips seem very reluctant to move once in place, and have to be slid off sideways, so both the problem of bulk and unwanted detachment is solved.

Now then. I think I have you sussed..!

Your tartan avatar is distinctive, and is uniquely connected with someone who uses the initials R.K. And this R.K. is soon to receive from Scotland a certain form of footwear to match that tartan. Am I right..?

My pseudonym is a play on my name - but I think that's the only clue you need to rumble my real identity.