X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well in that case I shall leave it here. I would like to point out that while I am careful to delineate the difference from a knife to a "weapon" Australian law is not. anything from a broadsword to a hairbrush is referred to as a "weapon" so in order to correctly cite the references - the use thereof is Neccesary. But as I appear to have inadvertently violated some forums rules. I'll close this thread (provided I'm able to do so.)
    ---If you are going to die - Die with your boots on---

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't close the thread, but as moderators, we can at your request. Is that what you'd like us to do? My sense, and I think, from what he has said, Steve's as well, is that it's getting close to that line, but not quite over it in the one regard, but over it in regard to rule 11.

Are you asking us to close the thread?

Bill+
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if we are sailing too close to the reef, then it's probably best to remove temptation.

I've had my questions well and truly answered either way - was hoping to share some information with legitimate external references to shift responsibility away from the forum.

however - I seem to be making people nervous, so I'm perfectly happy to walk away from this thread and continue with less worrying topics.

So in short yes, probably best to close the thread, and stay on the safe side.
    ---If you are going to die - Die with your boots on---

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread closed at request of original poster.

Thanks!

Bill+
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123