X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Kilted KT is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boston Kilt night - June 2

I'll be home sweet home, and haven't hit Boston in a kilt yet!

Anyone more familiar with the boston bars want to start planning a starting point, and potential targets for later on? I haven't been bar hopping in boston to my dismay...been in the middle of nowhere for far too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    June 2nd is too far ahead for me to know my availability right now, but I suspect I'll find a way to be free. I know the Boston area pretty good, so should be able to find a venue. KT, what were your old stomping grounds? Some of them may be good spots for a kilt night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flairball
    June 2nd is too far ahead for me to know my availability right now, but I suspect I'll find a way to be free. I know the Boston area pretty good, so should be able to find a venue. KT, what were your old stomping grounds? Some of them may be good spots for a kilt night.

I was off to college in the midwest before I was old enough to hit the bars...and I'm usually not back long enough to fit in an extra night for the bar, and day to recover. Grew up a few minutes west of Buzzards Bay, on the main land side of cape cod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    June 2 well certainly.... we need to try to welcome you with a kilted event.
    I just got back from vacation St. john USVI. Kilted every night..
    "St John is kilt friendly" ....
    Will post pics ASAP...
    Onion will be in this area next week, Im sceduled to be in DC during that time, I hope things will change....
    Rich
    “Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, taste the fruit, drink the drink, and resign yourself to the influences of each.” H.D. Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of places both well know and off the beaten path that would be great for a kilt night. KT, let us know where you'll be staying. We should be able to find a suitable venue near your place (assuming your staying in Boston/ Cambridge). Our last kilt night was held at John Harvards Brewhouse in Harvard Sq. Harvard Sq. is in my opinion a great place to be kilted. As I'm sure you know, Boston has lots of Irish pubs too, most of which would make great venues. Many of these places have good food too, an added bonus.
    Anyway, it's in the works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flairball
    There are a lot of places both well know and off the beaten path that would be great for a kilt night. KT, let us know where you'll be staying. We should be able to find a suitable venue near your place (assuming your staying in Boston/ Cambridge). Our last kilt night was held at John Harvards Brewhouse in Harvard Sq. Harvard Sq. is in my opinion a great place to be kilted. As I'm sure you know, Boston has lots of Irish pubs too, most of which would make great venues. Many of these places have good food too, an added bonus.
    Anyway, it's in the works.
    I'll be staying with family, but I'll be taking the T up to boston, prolly to South Station.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming through South Station, we'll have to find a pub in the downtown area. Not too hard to do. I'll be downtown in the next couple of days, so I'll start scouting a few places out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boston kilt night

Seeing as how that's a Friday, I might be able to make it down. As for location, anyplace with decent T access would be fine with me. (I usually park out and take the T into the City.)

MP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Black Rose

The Black Rose In Fanual Hall is a good Irish bar.
    I typically avoid Fanual hall on friday- saturday nights.
    it gets completly full of dipsticks...on the other hand, always lots of lasses to ogle at....
    Persomal favorite would be JJ Foleys Near downtown crossing. It is a little dark, and hidden. but it pours a great Guiness.
    “Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, taste the fruit, drink the drink, and resign yourself to the influences of each.” H.D. Thoreau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richland
    The Black Rose In Fanual Hall is a good Irish bar.
    I typically avoid Fanual hall on friday- saturday nights.
    it gets completly full of dipsticks...on the other hand, always lots of lasses to ogle at....
    Persomal favorite would be JJ Foleys Near downtown crossing. It is a little dark, and hidden. but it pours a great Guiness.
    knowing how people are up there, you really think anyone will mess with a small army of Xmarkers out on the town? I seriously doubt it.

I'm up for anything...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast