X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: From Star Trek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a piece of his kilt? OMG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurry! There are only 1,000 available. Don't miss out. Reserve is probably $250 or so. That makes a nice price for a used kilt, don't you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedomlover
    Hurry! There are only 1,000 available. Don't miss out. Reserve is probably $250 or so. That makes a nice price for a used kilt, don't you think?
    Careful, it's only a piece of the kilt, not a whole kilt! That's a lot of money for a piece of memorabilia.
    We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. - Japanese Proverb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davedove
    Careful, it's only a piece of the kilt, not a whole kilt! That's a lot of money for a piece of memorabilia.
    Not been around a lot of Trekkies, have you? I used to work at a comic book shop where we also carried a lot of collectibles... I could stamp "Star Trek" on an ashtray that my sister made in 4th grade art class, call it a "Romulan Ear Wax Scraper Holder," and sell it for $25-50. Those folks will buy almost anything, and if it's actually FROM the series, forget about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jfellrath
    Not been around a lot of Trekkies, have you? I used to work at a comic book shop where we also carried a lot of collectibles... I could stamp "Star Trek" on an ashtray that my sister made in 4th grade art class, call it a "Romulan Ear Wax Scraper Holder," and sell it for $25-50. Those folks will buy almost anything, and if it's actually FROM the series, forget about it.
    On the contrary, I've been around a lot of them and I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm a bit of a closet Trekkie myself, but nowhere near that bad.
    We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance. - Japanese Proverb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davedove
    On the contrary, I've been around a lot of them and I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm a bit of a closet Trekkie myself, but nowhere near that bad.
    So you DO know! Let's just say that I don't think this is being marketed at kilt fans so much as Star Trek fans. My guess is that the transactions for the winning bidders on this item will be conducted in Klingon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is that the transactions for the winning bidders on this item will be conducted in Klingon.
    Relunctant to admit it, but I speak Klingon...Yes, it's true, I'm a closet trekkie too...I loved Scotty, and he was my favorite character in the original series...Not sure I'd fork over big money for a swatch of Scott tartan though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually felt a twinge of exitement, until my common sense re-established itself.

Did I actually admit that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you DO know! Let's just say that I don't think this is being marketed at kilt fans so much as Star Trek fans. My guess is that the transactions for the winning bidders on this item will be conducted in Klingon.
    Well, I don't speak Klingon (or Vulcan for that matter) but I did get the chance to go with a friend to Hollywood and while we were there we actually got to spend some time with the Great Bird of the Galaxy himself, Gene Roddenberry.