X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any kilt nights planned / "plannable" next couple

Greetings!

As I posted not too long ago, I mostly lurk -- and even that takes a fair amount of time just to keep up!! I've been traveling on business, and it just took me 1.5 hours to catch up on a week's postings over a FAST connection! My hat's off to all who can keep this great forum going!

I will be traveling over the next couple of weeks, and would love an opportunity to meet kilted brethren:

week of July 19th -- I will be in Seattle for the first part of the week; I hope to get up to Vancouver maybe Wednesday night or Thursday, so maybe Tue. night in Seattle or Wed/Thurs in Vancouver? (Bear -- I want to stop in and see your wares.)

week of July 26th -- Philadelphia area (specifically Malvern), maybe Tue/Wed/Thurs nights?

If you're available to meet someplace, you can either respond here or send me a private message thru this forum or email me offline at mkmound@yahoo.com.

Looking forward to meeting the kilted brethren if possible!

Regards,
    Mark[/list]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Any kilt nights planned / "plannable" next cou

Quote Originally Posted by mkmound
    Greetings!

As I posted not too long ago, I mostly lurk -- and even that takes a fair amount of time just to keep up!! I've been traveling on business, and it just took me 1.5 hours to catch up on a week's postings over a FAST connection! My hat's off to all who can keep this great forum going!

I will be traveling over the next couple of weeks, and would love an opportunity to meet kilted brethren:

week of July 19th -- I will be in Seattle for the first part of the week; I hope to get up to Vancouver maybe Wednesday night or Thursday, so maybe Tue. night in Seattle or Wed/Thurs in Vancouver? (Bear -- I want to stop in and see your wares.)

week of July 26th -- Philadelphia area (specifically Malvern), maybe Tue/Wed/Thurs nights?

If you're available to meet someplace, you can either respond here or send me a private message thru this forum or email me offline at mkmound@yahoo.com.

Looking forward to meeting the kilted brethren if possible!

Regards,
    Mark[/list]
    I think we can get something going whichever night you're going to be here. Thursday would be better, as there are Celtic bands playing Thursdays in a couple of pubs downtown.

Any of you other Kilts Night regulars able to come out and play with a kilted Texan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know, Bear. I may be able to make it out for a few pints of Coke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to get together, but alas I will be at sea the time Mark is in town. I know Bear will be able to down a few Pints and chat away. You know I would love to join you Bear but there will be allot of water between you guys and me at that time. Oh well I will have a few Pints to you guys around that time. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mkmound
    Mark,

From Malvern, take 202 North to the "King of Prussia" mall. RIGHT before the mall, on the left, you'll see Kildare's Irish Pub. Nice large joint with the best in grub, suds, and tunes.

Pick a night when you're in Philly.

Arise. Kill. Eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just talked to Doug of The Halifax Wharf Rats. He's invited us down to see them play next Thurday at Doolin's Irish Pub. They're a good Canadian Celtic band!
    This page loads slowly:
    http://www.doolins.ca/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great band, Great pub too. I will do my best to try and make it out that night. Let me know for sure if it's a go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What time? I should be available after 6/7pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Carbomb

From Malvern, take 202 North to the "King of Prussia" mall. RIGHT before the mall, on the left, you'll see Kildare's Irish Pub. Nice large joint with the best in grub, suds, and tunes.

Pick a night when you're in Philly.

Jimmy,

Sounds good -- Kildare's Irish Pub -- How about Wednesday ( 7/28 ) night? What time?

Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear@bearkilts.com
    I just talked to Doug of The Halifax Wharf Rats. He's invited us down to see them play next Thurday at Doolin's Irish Pub. They're a good Canadian Celtic band!
    This page loads slowly:
    http://www.doolins.ca/
    Bear,

Thanks for setting this up . . . Thurs, 7/22, at Doolin's -- what time?

Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast