X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Home Town: Stirling, Scotland // Current: Manchester, England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 kilts for sale: Gordon Ancient and Craig Ancient. Plus other highland dress items.

Hi,

This March, my father sadly passed away, and my brother and I have inherited his kilts, jacket, and a pair of ghillie brogues, but we are just not his size, so we would prefer if these go to people who would genuinely appreciated them. Here are the details.

Kilt 1: 2007 Kinloch Anderson - Gordon Ancient (£200)

Waist: Roughly 37 inches
    Length: Roughly 25.5 inches
    Price: £200 (Kinloch Anderson kilts currently retail starting at £775, increasing based on Tartan)

I'm not sure who the weavers are for this one, or what the seat is. I phoned Kinloch Anderson who told me that due to GDPR regulations, they were made to purge their paper records around 2020, which means they can no longer pull out the file to tell me, but I told me how I can measure the waist for their kilts, and I also measured the length.

Kilt 2: 2018 Balmoral (Scotweb/Clan) - Craig Ancient

Waist: Roughly 37 inches
    Length: Roughly 24.5 inches
    Price: £150 (A Craig tartan kilt from Clan currently retails for around £500)

A more recent kilt, which I have again had to measure myself, since my father was the one that ordered it, and I have no access to his Scotweb/Clan account, so again I'm unsure what the seat is, but the waist is seemingly listed inside the kilt (as pictured), and I measure the length myself. I remember him asking me for advice on how to choose tartan for it at the time he was ordering, and I believe the tartan may be House of Edgar, but I can't fully remember. My Craig kilt is Locharron, and the colours are definitely different than mine, so I think I may be correct. For transparency, note some creasing at the top of the apron from the hanger he was using, which might need to be steamed out.

Argyll Jacket and 5-button waistcoat made by Gaelic Themes

Size: 46 Long
    Price: £100 (currently retail for £300 with the waistcoat)

I believe this was bought in 2018 around a similar time to the Craig Ancient kilt, but I can't be 100% sure.

Ghillie Brogues made by Gaelic Themes

Size: UK 12
    Price: £30 (currently retail for £75)

I have personally owned a pair of Gaelic Themes ghillies for I think around 11-12 years, and they've always served me well, so I would assume that this pair is also good. I think they may have also been bought in 2018, but again can't be sure. I don't think he wore them more than a couple of times, opting for more more traditional lace up brogues on some occasions, as he could tie them more easily.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

This is my first time selling any highland dress items, so please bear with me, if I'm missing anything, or I'm finding my way through the process.

I am based in Manchester, UK, if you'd like to do pick up, but otherwise we can discuss delivery options.

And also for transparency, my father did smoke, but he only wore these maybe once a year, so they're not too bad, but have therefore spent a lot of time stuck in a wardrobe.
    Last edited by Son of the Rock; 16th September 24 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Making item name headings bold