X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new Glengarry Bhoys

It is with pleasure that I tell all of you about the changes to the band The Glengarry Bhoys.
    A few of you in Canada and the U.S have probably seen them at some point but they recently have added some new talent and had a few leave. The new additions to the band I know will make them an even better band live than they were before. The reviews of the concerts they have put on in the last month have been great.
    When a band changes a lot of members it doesn't always work out for the best. Graham Wright (the leader of the new and original band) has carefully taken on some highly talented musitions to form an even better and more well rounded sound and stage show.
    They have put in place a new fiddler Brendan (U.S scottish fiddle champ, trained in Cape Breton by Natalie McMaster).

Miranda (former member of Barrage and Spirit of Ireland, opera and violin grad from McGill school of music, and an Irish soft shoe dancer).

Graham Smith on bass

Machummel and I's friend Ewan Brown (former head of Empty Flask) has been brought in to do what he does best ''entertain''. He plays a mean pipes (traditional and celtic rock), sings and harmonizes, plays guitar mandolin etc., electric chanter, tin whistle etc., etc.

I think with this new line up you may hear a lot more from them in the near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How near, how soon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The closest dates to us so far without going across the border
    are in June 23 in Cornwall
    June 30, July 1 & @ at the Kincardine Scottish festival
    Keep an eye out at there website at www.grahamwright.com for a show. New postings are added all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've exchanged sets with them at Festivals, and stayed around to share "after-gig" libations a number of times. I believe the next round is on me when we meet up.

The music has always been outstanding, and the stage show has been just as much fun. The crowd is always into the music.

I look forward to meeting the new members and sharing the stage with them real soon!
    Arise. Kill. Eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard the other day that the Bhoys were in the studio last week in Toronto laying some tracks down for a new album. I figure we should look for a new C.D in the spring. It's being produced by Stuart Cameron, the son of John Allen Cameron. I'm looking forward to this one.
    It will feature all the new Bhoys including Machummel and my friend, the multi talented (and mean on the pipes) Ewan Brown. I think this C.D and new line-up is going to take this band into a whole new level. I look forward to seeing them a few times in the new year.
    Just a heads up

Kilted Stuart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up thanks Kilted Stuart

Hey Kilted Stuart , Thanks for the write up on the new Bhoys. sorry I missed you on the weekend was hoping to get together for a few pints.
    Talk to you soon.

slainte
    phat piper
    aka, Ewan ,Glengarry Bhoys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted people to know they are missing out on a new adventure with the new members on board. I'm sure the band is different now than it was a year ago. Your an entertainer and I hope people go out to see the band and enjoy watching you on stage as much as we have in the past. I will miss a few songs, Devil went down to Glasgow being one. But it's only moving on and up from here.

See you soon for those pints,

Kilted Stuart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like after a massive touring shedule in March and the release of the new CD the Bhoys are selling out venues. There booking more shows than they ever have since the new line up has begun to tour. It's a better show than before, so if you have seen them and liked them before you may want to check them out again. I think the number of bookings and the reviews tell the story. Catch them in a city near you.

Kilted Stuart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All right night to know there's some players here. Wish you guys were local to Oz but you could always tour?! Sounds like a good line-up. good luck with the shows.
    Erin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got the new Glengarry Bhoys CD Mill Sessions and I have to say I love it,if you can catch them live they are in Buffalo in April .
    MacHummel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast