X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She Goes to the Big Hoose I go to BC

About half a mile up from my home, the early nineteenth century Stirches House was home to the Scott-Chisholms. Around a hundred years ago it became the home of a local textile mill owner and later became an Augustinian Convent inhabited by the Sisters of St. Andrew. It is now a high class nursing home for the elderly and infirm.
    At a time in life when I am enjoying new challenges, my dear wife Ann has been aged prematurely by a series of strokes, its as though God has taken my wife away from me and replaced with her a dear old aunty whom I love every bit as much but in a different way. The time has come when Ann needs to be placed in permanent residential nursing care. We have been to view this fine establishment and she has today been offered a place. The deal is that she will go in for a trial period of around ten days during August during which I should not visit but instead take a break, what we call a Respite Stay, and if she likes it permanent accommodation will be provided for her thereafter. I am planning to take the opportunity to return to Victoria BC as it has been some years since I was last there to visit my relatives. The Wizard of BC and Kilted Knome have very kindly offered me
    Last edited by cessna152towser; 20th July 09 at 02:06 PM.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Retired Forum Manager
    Gentleman of X Marks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex,

I am sorry that circumstances require this separation.

I hope the care in that great house is as wonderful as the setting

Sincerely

James
    -See it there, a white plume
    Over the battle - A diamond in the ash
    Of the ultimate combustion-My panache

Edmond Rostand

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Jamie, sorry I will miss you and Star when I will be in BC so soon after your visit.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's hoping your wife enjoys her stay. The home is truly beautiful. I too am sorry this separation has become necessary, but here's hoping the respite for you will help to keep your relationship going strong. Enjoy your time in BC. It's a wonderful place.
    The fear o' hell's the hangman's whip To laud the wretch in order; But where ye feel your honor grip, Let that aye be your border. - Robert Burns

Mr. Kilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear of this new development in Ann's life. However, that looks like a very nice place, and it's close enough for daily visits. I hope she'll be happy there, and that your trip to BC is enjoyable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my thoughts are with you and your wife,
    i hope both of you enjoy your respite it`ll seem hard but i think sometimes respite is needed in such circumstances ,my grandmother is currently in respite after much deate with aunts and my mother they felt it'll help everyone recharge mentally and emotionally in some aspects... similar to you they all went on holiday for the time of respite

safe journey and remember to have a bit of fun at Victoria BC also thanks for the showing of stirches house

Retired Forum Moderator Chairman
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex - I know from other posts that this has been a difficult decision for you to separate from Ann like this. The facility looks superb, and as Panache said, I hope she get care as good as outstanding as the home.

I wish you and Ann nothing but the best for the future. You both deserve it.

Brian

In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism, it's your Count that votes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts are with you both Alex - such a difficult decision! I hope your transition goes smoothly and your visit is aces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alex,

After somewhat similar experience (parents and aunts and uncles - not wife), I know these things are sometimes necessary, but never easy. You have my prayers and best wishes.

All the best
    Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's hoping the beautiful setting will provide the best possible environment for your wife. Thoughts and prayers for you both during this transition.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast