X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short UK Jones for a Change

After scooping up Christian's olive mocker finally saw the design in person. Looks better than on the site. Seemed perfect for business wear and to wear with Aloha shirts. So ordered a navy and a tan mocker.

Navy was chopped from one on the rack and came right away. Tan arrived today, just two weeks and two days from order to shipping.

Is UK production gearing up - or did I just get lucky??

Visions of bragging about the "old days" when a UK jones could last three months or more...

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Ron, I think when you ordered many of your kilts it was mid summer last year kilts were out at festivals every week, orders where flying in, and production was going full steam to make kilts to fill the racks and replace those sold.

Now they've had a nice long winter to restock, get a little surplus, and the festivals are just now starting back up for the year. Its probably just a matter of getting in when they have the most stock. I think they have also worked out some of the production bugs, but every year they are selling more and more. (this year I think they are doing something like 200 shows) Production is going up, but demand is going up just as fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've just found myself with good UK karma... Every time I have gone in there looking for something specific, they've had it, in stock and ready to go. One of these days I'll have to order something, just to be able to emphasize with the jonesing.

George