X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Thread: Two More

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two More

The USA Kilt I wore to the Christmas event at our church fellowship (Celtic Nations casual) was a big hit, not to mention the right colors for the Christmas season (did not realize that until I got it). The fit and quality of this garment are excellent. So much so that I recently ordered two other casual kilts from USA Kilts. These other two are the German Heritage and the Tara. I got those today, hardly a week after ordering them. And, like the Celtic Nations kilt, these other two likewise are fit perfectly and the workmanship is top notch. My wife likes them, too (on me).

It is too cold here to wear kilts outside much, (5600ft elevation) but right now just wearing them around the house. Getting practice, learning how to sit in a kilt and such. I often sit on the floor, which is a bit different than sitting in a chair. Both have their own way. I had a look at the video on the USA Kilt's website that shows a simple and easy way to sit in a chair whilst kilted. Works great.

I have had the "bagpipe" remark thrown my way quite a few times, so for grins and giggles I looked into what it takes to learn how to play them. Turns out that it is no small task; taking years to get proficient AFTER learning to play on a chanter. Sooo.... I guess I will just stick to playing my Casio keyboard .

As for the "commando" question, regardless of anyone else's opinions I believe in having what I call "modesty insurance", i.e. wearing SOMETHING beneath just in case an Arizona dust devil turns my kilt into something that looks like a blown-out umbrella.

Looking forward to warmer weather (the days ARE getting longer now..) where I can venture outside without my legs turning blue. This kilt thing is great; for the first time in my life I have found clothing I actually LIKE. It is so much more comfy than the encasement garments (trousers) I been wearing for over half a century.
    "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord....." Psalm 33:12

2. The Following 6 Users say 'Aye' to Norm For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norm, your transformation from "should I?" to now owning in very short order four kilts, (is it?) is inspiring!
    The modesty insurance is not only a good thing, but also quite usual (IMO and from much reading here). A return to "real" boxers for the purpose is ...uuhhh ..liberating

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Taskr For This Useful Post: