X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new Breton / MacDonald of Sleat sgian dubh

With a couple days off from work due to hurricane Ian, I was able to get this project near completion....

Sgian dubh Sheffield damascus steel blade, cherry burl handle with curly maple core. The clan badges are from tie pins Breton and MacDonald of Sleat... hopefully the picture will post...
    Last edited by Kitfoxdave; 29th September 22 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfoxdave View Post
    With a couple days off from work due to hurricane Ian, I was able to get this project near completion....

Sgian dubh Sheffield damascus steel blade, cherry burl handle with curly maple core. The clan badges are from tie pins Breton and MacDonald of Sleat... hopefully the picture will post...
    Picture didn’t post, but I really would love to see it.

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (38° 13' 11"N x 85° 37' 32"W gets you close)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The picture is attached to the thread. You'll have to go out to the forum level and click on the paper clip to the far right of the thread title. That will open a pop-up window with a link to the picture.
    John

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to EagleJCS For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleJCS View Post
    The picture is attached to the thread. You'll have to go out to the forum level and click on the paper clip to the far right of the thread title. That will open a pop-up window with a link to the picture.
    Man, is that a strange way to handle an image in a forum.

Louisville, Kentucky, USA (38° 13' 11"N x 85° 37' 32"W gets you close)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethSime View Post
    Man, is that a strange way to handle an image in a forum.
    No argument here. Might be the way the OP was trying to embed the image. Or maybe an obscure setting in their profile. Or it could be their browser set up.

I've had no problems embedding an image directly into a post on this forum with any of the browsers I've used (originally IE, then Chrome, then Edge briefly, and now Firefox, until recently. I've been getting 403 Forbidden messages when trying to respond (including trying to make this post).
    Last edited by EagleJCS; 3rd October 22 at 07:54 AM.
    John

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been getting this with Firefox too.

[QUOTE=EagleJCS;1400927 *snip* and now Firefox, until recently. I've been getting 403 Forbidden messages when trying to respond (including trying to make this post).[/QUOTE]
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting pictures

Gents in the past couple of weeks, something has changed somewhere... probably another darn software "upgrade" full of bugs... It WAS simple to add pictures, and I had posted a few, but know, well it is just a nightmare! This is the only site that gives me trouble... MeWe and a couple other places, do just fine like this site did up until a couple weeks ago.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting pictures

Gents in the past couple of weeks, something has changed somewhere... probably another darn software "upgrade" full of bugs... It WAS simple to add pictures, and I had posted a few, but know, well it is just a nightmare! This is the only site that gives me trouble... MeWe and a couple other places, do just fine like this site did up until a couple weeks ago.

Thanks to Kenneth for getting it to show up!

It showed up in t hge previews, but not when I posted it... Margaritas are not the answer to computer issues, but they are a solution!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfoxdave View Post

Thanks to Kenneth for getting it to show up!

It showed up in t hge previews, but not when I posted it... Margaritas are not the answer to computer issues, but they are a solution!
    I should have clarified a bit more above - I wasn't trying to indicate any strange behavior on your part, but rather than of the forum. Why on earth one would want a user to embed an image in a thread title?

Anyone, the sgian dubh looks very nice, Dave - it's got a thoughtful, handmade quality to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sgian dubh

Thanks for the complements.

The handle is shaped to fit MY hand for comfortable, firm, hopefully non-slip grip.

The phone camera does not capture the color variation and grain swirl very well, unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast