X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fun poll I posted on Craig's List!

After reading a forum thread about wife/girlfriend's acceptance (or the lack of same) of their men wearing kilts, I posted the following on Craig's List in the "Men Seeking Women" category. I included a pic of a UK mocker from the UK website as I don't have a decent pic of me in my UK Original.

POLL: Would you date a man who wears a kilt?
    "Hi ladies!
    Just curious: Would you date a man who wears a kilt? More specifically, would you go out on a date (probably not the first date) with a man wearing a kilt?"

Here is a sample of the responses:

- "I have and would.....do you know what to wear under your kilt??"

- "Of course I would date a man who wore a kilt...first date or 20th.
    Whoever said clothes make the man was right....a man who wear a kilt or a loincloth or a polyester jumpsuit with confidence is the sort of man that I find most attractive."

- "Hey I was being bored perusing Craigslist and saw your post and I'm interested! Do you speak the truth? No stupid games right? Could you respond to XXXXX@gmail.com so I know yer not Bsing me?"

- "Would you go out with a full figured woman?"

- "Yes. I work the Scotish Highland Games with a friend of mine for 5 yrs always wanted to see what was under them kilts. I'm 58 going on about 40. Let me know if that is ok. PS: Nice legs."

- "Utilitkilt! WOOT!!!!
    Or, to put it another way: You betcha."

- "Would you go out with a woman who is older than you are, who is of Indian descent, who is fun and and a real sport?" (NOTE: I put my age in the headline.)

- "Depends what he looked like, what he wore with it, under it, and if he really was Scottish or Irish..."

- "Absolutely!

- "What shoes do you where? Flip-Flops? I know that a kilt and flip flops is a great look!"

- "Sure why not, if you look like that in one. If you are a pot-bellied pig, probably not."

- "Yes. Provided I was going with him already because the mutual attraction was established. AND, if the rest of the items matched as an entire outfit, no mismatching. My favorite weekend at Ren Fest.. Scottish Highlands weekend....!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good responses, some not so good. Sounds just like real life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting responses and mostly positive, which I assume you would find pleasing!

As a female, with a friend who is getting ready to wear his first kilt, I have to say I am really pleased for him and hope he will enjoy wearing his Tartan! I don't know too many women who are not attracted to a man in a kilt. I've be a fan of the look since I was a child! I actually had a Piper doll when I was six...and my parents never could understand why I wanted that doll!! Not only would I date a guy who wears a kilt, I'd love it if he wore a kilt all the time!! It looks good on just about every build of man- really-y'all look hot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

"Whoever said clothes make the man was right....a man who wear a kilt or a loincloth or a polyester jumpsuit with confidence is the sort of man that I find most attractive."

polyester jumpsuit ?? Think of the money I coulda saved on all this kilt stuff!
    Order of the Dandelion, The Houston Area Kilt Society, Bald Rabble in Kilts, Kilted Texas Rabble Rousers, The Flatcap Confederation, Kilted Playtron Group.
    "If you’re going to talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walk"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
    "Whoever said clothes make the man was right....a man who wear a kilt or a loincloth or a polyester jumpsuit with confidence is the sort of man that I find most attractive."

polyester jumpsuit ?? Think of the money I coulda saved on all this kilt stuff!
    Why not go whole hog and be a nudist . . . . think of all the money you could save that way, laundry/cleaning bills, clothing costs, the mind boggles
    The pipes are calling, resistance is futile. - MacTalla Mor

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think wives sometimes are concerned about their husbands wearing kilts BECAUSE other ladies are very attracted to men in kilts.
    Animo non astutia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kilts are sexy. With that said, I would not base whether or not I would date someone on if they wore a kilt or not anymore than I would base it on the types of shirt he wore or if he had on sandals or dress shoes.

I don't worry over how someone looks or dresses. I want good conversation, someone who knows how to have fun, someone with ambition beyond making a beer run, (not that there is anything wrong with a well timed beer run) and someone who makes me feel special.
    Last edited by katmills2005; 26th August 08 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A great sampling of life in general.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
    ....a man who wear a kilt or a loincloth or a polyester jumpsuit with confidence is the sort of man that I find most attractive."
    My wife, and many other women I have known or have dated in the past have often told me that confidence in a man far outweighs looks, build, hair, etc. I have been told by several women who tried hitting on me (one while the wife was standing next to me!) that a man in a kilt overflows with confidence, thus making him even more attractive!

Brian
    "I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way."
    - Franklin P. Adams

Vancouver on the Mighty Columbia. That's in Washington State USA for the geographically challanged.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There you have it. The experts have spoken.