X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visiting Boston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visiting Boston

Hi,

Sorry, I've not posted for a very long time, it's been pretty busy here (as those waiting patiently on my waiting list can attest to !)

Anyway, I'll be in Boston next week and hopefully I should find time for a pint or two.
    I was there a couple of years back and visited the Cambridge Brewing Company which was nice, what's the latest on good pubs and restaurants ?

best regards,
    Rab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and your only a half a country away from me... planning on a day trip?
    Wallace Catanach, Kiltmaker

A day without killting is like a day without sunshine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish we could get him to the mid-west Wally. I offered to buy him a beer, and give him a shop tour, but I dinnae think it is enough to get him here. (that and he hasn't got the time, either).

Never been to Boston, Rab, I can't help. Wish I could. (help and go to Boston). Have a pint for me !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab Gordon View Post
    Hi,

Sorry, I've not posted for a very long time, it's been pretty busy here (as those waiting patiently on my waiting list can attest to !)

Anyway, I'll be in Boston next week and hopefully I should find time for a pint or two.
    I was there a couple of years back and visited the Cambridge Brewing Company which was nice, what's the latest on good pubs and restaurants ?

best regards,
    Rab
    Hey Rab,

I live in Boston maybe we could grab a pint. Their are many great pubs. Do you like whisky? I would love to talk about a sgian dubh I would like to commission. PM me.

Cheers!
    Scotchmaster

ALBA GU BRATH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I'm just outside of Boston (ok 45 mins to an hour with trafic, but as the crow flies i'm only 30 miles away), and I'd love to meet you, maybe we can have a kilt night in your honor!

Let's try to arrange for something. What days / evenings will you be there and what days work best for you do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Clark View Post
    I wish we could get him to the mid-west Wally. I offered to buy him a beer, and give him a shop tour, but I dinnae think it is enough to get him here. (that and he hasn't got the time, either).

Never been to Boston, Rab, I can't help. Wish I could. (help and go to Boston). Have a pint for me !
    Guess our attempt to hi-jack this thread and get him to the midwest has failed.

Rab,
    Plenty of good places in Boston, Fanual hall, No Name resturant, just to name a few...

Cheers
    Wallace Catanach, Kiltmaker

A day without killting is like a day without sunshine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard, we need to get you out to boston some time too =D If you want and are interested, I can talk with the New England Blacksmiths (NEB, local abana affiliate) or the The New England Custom Knife Association to see about sponsoring a visit to the area sometime this next year for one of our hammer-ins or smithing meets.

This next saturday I'm teaching a class for the NEB in basic bladesmithing and I'm nervous as heck... I've only been doing any forging at all for 2 years this month, and I'm only a beginner blade smith myself, but someone as renown as yourself has probably forgotten more things than I've ever learned so far =) Aren't really any bladesmiths in the NEB, so I'll be teaching heat treating and steel selection etc to a bunch of people who could probably smith circles around me >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are all beginners. Some of us are just a little more advanced beginners. I learn and re-learn all the time. Sometimes the re-learning is frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish that I had time to go walkabout and visit some of you guys but I'm afraid that my schedule is pretty booked.
    Looks like I should be able to get free on either Wednesday or Thursday evening for a wee pint and dram.
    I'll be taking my kilt anyway

aye,
    Rab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I visited Boston kilted in June. What a great city! If you like Japanese art, the art museum has a huge collection. And don't forget to go see Boston's two greatest contributions to society and mankind... The Sam Adams Brewery and Fenway Park.
    Airman. Piper. Scholar. - Avatar: MacGregor Tartan
    “KILT, n. A costume sometimes worn by Scotchmen in America and Americans in Scotland.” - Ambrose Gwinett Bierce
    www.melbournepipesanddrums.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast