X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilted Houstonions, THAKS, Fellow kilted Texans, and all Flamingo lovers

I receieved this message in our THAKS group and wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see the invitation to attend Iona and Monty's 3rd Annual Holiday Flamingo fest in the Heights...The message is as follows

Yesterday 09:08 PMdivadevildog

I wanted to invite everyone here to our third annual HOLIDAY FLAMINGO FEST Open House next Saturday, Dec 13th. We have it on the same day as the Woodland Heights "Lights in the Heights" festivities. People can come before, during, after they enjoy the Lights in the Heights- our house is only a couple blocks from the 'route'. We're starting at 5 pm this year so if you want to come early to park easily you can, and we'll be going til about Midniteish.

This is a very casual open house, most folks come by for a bit then leave or come by, leave, come back. Or you can stay. We're pretty easy going and just want to have people enjoy the flamingos, the fun. Bring family and all if you want. Kids tend to eat then want to go see the LitH events- they have all sorts of things, including Santa, but it makes it a fun focal point for a good evening.

For more information on the location, maps, and the Lights in the Heights please go to www.holidayflamingo.com . Seriously- a lot of FLAMINGOS and a lot of PINK, wear your kilts or not (just be sure to wear comfy shoes for walking at the LitH route) but come and say hi- introduce yourself to us- Iona and Monty. We'll be in there somewhere! Have an Italian cookie or goodie or drink or all of the above.

Just follow the PINK GLOW in the sky! We'd love to meet you all.-- Iona and Monty McAvoy (we'd go to Dickens but are already with 2 events this next weekend plus it is official PUT THE DANGED FLAMINGOS UP NOW MONTY! time )

Please enjoy and thanks Diva for the invite...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Chase

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man... I'm going to a b-day party in Spring that night
    Order of the Dandelion, The Houston Area Kilt Society, Bald Rabble in Kilts, Kilted Texas Rabble Rousers, The Flatcap Confederation, Kilted Playtron Group.
    "If you’re going to talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walk"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try and swing by on the way up or back if you can, tell your HHGA friends too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll see what I can do. There is no kilted or not. It's just KILTED for me! What are your plans, Chase?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a Christmas tree out of scrap wood and I'll probably smoke one of my last Khalua cigars standing around the BBQ pit in Baghdad...I'm not scheduled to come home until after the New Year Jan 01, 2009.

Have a great holiday Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take care over there among the ill sorts, Chase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for anyone who wants to meet up for Texrenfest in kilts to have fun together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan521_1999 View Post
    Looking for anyone who wants to meet up for Texrenfest in kilts to have fun together.

Jonathan, I usually go to TRF 3 or 4 weekends, and try to get a get-together set up for Highland Fling weekend. I'll post a Thread with some info as we get closer to Faire time.
    Days I'm at TRF, I can generally be found at the Sea Devil for the day's first Iris & Rose show, or at the Prince of Wales Pub after the parade.
    Order of the Dandelion, The Houston Area Kilt Society, Bald Rabble in Kilts, Kilted Texas Rabble Rousers, The Flatcap Confederation, Kilted Playtron Group.
    "If you’re going to talk the talk, you’ve got to walk the walk"