X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Gathering Of Kilts

This thread is for the planning and scheduling of the (still working out the name of the gathering.)
    The Gathering Of Kilts is the best I've come up with so far. (I like the Highlander connotation.)

We're planning it for summer 2005. Dates to be announced.

As this will be a massive undertaking, I will be needing ideas and help from you guys but I reserve all final decisions for myself. It's the only way to make sure I get the gathering to be as good as I know it can be.

This will not be a MSM kind of thing. It will be more like the scale of the New York event of a little while ago. I have designs in my head for several kilts and kilt suits that will be on the runway. I'm going to source some fabrics I want to try for kilts and if they work, put some of those on the runway, too.

There will be two basic events. The first is an expensive, posh, kilt fashion show/auction/gala reception that will, with proper planning, be attended by celebrities, sports figures, politicians, etc.

The second event is a barbeque/picnic in one of Vancouver's many beautiful parks.
    I'm leaning towards Queen Elizabeth Park, (commonly called Little Mountain). It's the highest point in Vancouver proper and I must show Hamish the Gardens. Once a rock quarry, the deep crater inside the top of the hill is now one of the most beautiful garden settings imaginable. On the outside of the crater, there is ample space for picnicking, a frisbee golf course, (tournament?), soccer. There's even a pitch and putt golf course. (Tournament?)

I plan to advertise on all the local TV talk shows, (mini-fashion shows), as well as print media, etc. I may need some of you guys to be kilt models.
    I have a few connections with media consultants I'll be using to full advantage.

Let me know what you think.
    Bear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in.

Let me know what you need for me to do to make this happen.

Let's not forget a couple good old fashioned kilt nights at the pub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if you need anything.

elijah is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BC's pretty close. I could do it. Keep me (and King Kilts) posted.

Mr. Kilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a great idea! With enough advance notice I'd be happy to attend!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds Awesome Bear.

It would be great if we could get some celebs involved. I can make a website for it too.

Rhino and Hamish seem to know the Geoffry (Tailors) guys in some sort of fashion. Could they be of help?

Anything I can do let me know. I told my wife to block off next summer so we can go to BC!
    Beannacht Dé,
    Hank
    "...it's the ocean following in our veins, cause its the salt thats in our tears..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great. Hoping that I can make it!
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! This event is beginning to sound most impressive, Bear. I look forward to seeing those gardens you mention. I doubt there is much I can do at this distance, but I am meeting Howie Nicholsby on Saturday - (he of "TFCK") - who put on the New York "Dressed to Kilt" fashion show. Would you like me to sound him out about some sort of participation?

Howie is a keen businessman, and is unlikely to travel so far unless there is guaranteed good publicity and/or sales opportunities. It might be better to leave him out until your own plans are firmer. Let me know.

I'm happy to do some catwalk work for you - if you are looking for "the older man"!!!!
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all of you that may have missed it in another thread, Bear has tentatively scheduled this event for the first 2 weeks of August next year. Hopefully, with the length of time to plan, that many of you will be able to join us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need a hand in anything Bear give me a shout. I really need some dates as August is nearly booked up for leave already. If I can't get time off I'll quit and get a new job when I come back
    I think Hamish is right, Howie has loads of contacts and experience in setting up these sorts of events, but, as Hamish said he'll want his pound of flesh, it's up to you to decide whether it's worth it to you!!!
    I hope to meet you all next year. This is really exciting
    Cheers Rhino

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast