X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilting at the Gym

One of the best decisions I have made was to start attending Crossfit when I retired. Keeps me in shape and I like being around young people who are tolerant and supportive of my efforts to stay in shape. Many of my fellow gym people are aware of my kilting and have expressed an interest in seeing me kilted. Typically, wearing a kilt to the gym would be odd and impractical, however we have a party coming up for Halloween which gives me an opportunity to dress for the occasion. My intent is to go "casual", Orvis short sleeved tangerine polo, brown leathers and a tailored PVC kilt in the Murray of Atholl tartan. The hangup is what shoes to wear. Usually I am in gym shoes when I go to exercise but that seems off. I am reluctant to go in my fully polished black hiking boots or ghilly brogues which seem too dressy. At the moment I have ordered a pair of brown ghilly brogues from USA Killts in hope they fit properly. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I go casual

I wear Vibram toe shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by RGM1 View Post
    One of the best decisions I have made was to start attending Crossfit when I retired. Keeps me in shape and I like being around young people who are tolerant and supportive of my efforts to stay in shape. Many of my fellow gym people are aware of my kilting and have expressed an interest in seeing me kilted. Typically, wearing a kilt to the gym would be odd and impractical, however we have a party coming up for Halloween which gives me an opportunity to dress for the occasion. My intent is to go "casual", Orvis short sleeved tangerine polo, brown leathers and a tailored PVC kilt in the Murray of Atholl tartan. The hangup is what shoes to wear. Usually I am in gym shoes when I go to exercise but that seems off. I am reluctant to go in my fully polished black hiking boots or ghilly brogues which seem too dressy. At the moment I have ordered a pair of brown ghilly brogues from USA Killts in hope they fit properly. Thoughts?